RSS Feed

Week 2 – PLN Development

May 9, 2010 by Lynn   

Early last year I attended the SLAV conference ‘Perspective on Learning V2’ at which guest presenter Will Richardson encouraged the audience to “dip your toes into Web2.0” during his presentation ‘Network literacy: building passionate learners’ which is available online.  This re-ignited my enthusiam for learning more about a range of social networking tools including Twitter and Nings. I setup my iGoogle page and experimented with a variety of gadgets (widgets) and started my blog ‘Library Lynn’ – having an ‘annus horribilis’ in 2009 also meant having some extra time at home to do this.  I’ve enjoyed connecting with new people and re-connecting with old friends through this PLN over the past two weeks.  However I am finding it hard to do any VicPLN reading during work time and I have also been very busy with after school meetings and activities.  It’s now Sunday evening and I’m furiously trying to catch up before Week 3 work arrives on Tuesday.  So with flowers and wine on bench, licorice bag nearby and Cliff Richard music in my ears (in between listening to PLN links of course) and all thanks to my lovely daughter – I’m more than happy this Mother’s Day evening !   And “yes Marion”, I’m definately very task orientated!

2 Comments »

1. slav says:

I admire your commitment Lynn! Very impressive.

2. Lynn I have only just come on board and it was great to read down what you have already done. A great inspiration to me to try and catch up. I am very new to all this so it is great to be able to feed of anothers enthusiasm