RSS Feed

Monday ESCape

July 5, 2010 by Lynn   

Well it’s week 2 of the school holidays and I’ve almost finished all the household tasks that I set myself (get to the bottom of the ironing basket, clean out a cupboard or two, up the ladder to get the cobwebs in the corner, and clean the oven – well hopefully I’ll get to that before the end of this week!) so now I’m going to enjoy a couple of days catching up with friends and family.  Tomorrow it’s off to the local shopping centre with my 4-year old niece to catch up with a friend for lunch and see a children’s show while we’re there.  “The Cat in the Hat” is a favourite of ours and it’s good timing as our school production in August this year is “Seussical – the Musical” (this is a YouTube clip of another school).  I love all the Dr Seuss books and I know that they are a family favourite for many generations around the world. 

Here’s a Dr Seuss quote to remember as your holidays come to a close – enjoy them whatever you choose to do.

“The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you’ll go.”

Dr Seuss ‘I Can Read With My Eyes Shut’ (1978)

2 Comments »

1. Judith says:

Enjoy your outing with your niece. Mine is the light of my life!

2. Penny says:

I love green eggs and ham, so do my teens now. Sounds like your house is sparkling now Lynn.