RSS Feed

Week 12 – Digital Story – Part 2

August 12, 2010 by Lynn   

Well as promised here is part two of my final week in the SLAV Personal Learning Network Program (intake 1 for 2o10).  I was asked to do a presentation about Web2.0 for our staff during the ‘Ultranet’ training day – plan B!  I was very nervous and thank goodness the first few minutes of the taping are missing but I soon got on a roll (must remember not to wave my hands so much if there’s a next time!) 

In putting the presentation together I tried to look at how I could link Web2.0 to our school motto of “Protect, Nurture, Grow” and also incorporate alot of what I had learnt during the program.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to keep it within 30 minutes but went a little longer (sorry Russell).  I was quite pleased with the result and had lots of positive feedback from our staff.   There have been lots of requests for up-coming ICTuesday PD sessions which is great and I made sure to ‘plug’ the ‘Sharing eLearning at MESC’ that I created earlier in the program.  A number of departments have now created their own wikis to share information amongst staff within their departments, as well as some classroom wikis happening – I did tell them that they can be addictive once you get started!

I’ve included some snapshots and the slideshare presentation here for your comments.

View more presentations from Lynn Swannell.
PNG with Web2.0 17m 18sPNG with Web2.0 29m 35s

PNG with Web2.0 16m 36s

3 Comments »

1. slav says:

Love it! Congratulations. Perhaps I can feature on Bright Ideas down the track?

2. Penny says:

Hi Lynn

Wow..you are doing such a great job of educating others about web technologies. Staff at your school are fortunate to have you!
    Penny

PS I just found you on the Edublogs Directory!

3. novanews says:

A fantastic effort Lynn! You are doing so much – seemingly all at once! I am in awe of your achievements in sharing your knowledge. Well done. And … Penny’s comment above sent me on a search for the Edubloggers Directory. I couldn’t resist – I joined too!! You may also want to consider The Teacher’s Hub: http://theteachershub.com/ which I found along the way.