RSS Feed

Monday ESCape

September 6, 2010 by Lynn   

Happy Father’s Day – hope you all enjoyed the day and stayed dry!  Lots of wind and rain for us today so a day indoors with lunch and a movie provided was a great way to relax on a Sunday – just what was ordered!! 

I’ve had a couple of quiet weeks away from technology (at home at least) after getting a little ‘burnt out’ after a few hectic weeks.  I realised that things were getting a little ‘obsessive’ when I was juggling the mouse and the wooden spoon at the kitchen bench whilst cooking dinner and keeping up with the latest blogs – dinners were getting a little too ‘slap-dash’ and I was the one being nagged at for spending too much time in front of the computer screen.  So a total week away from technology ensued and then a week of  ‘essential’ work only.  This not only helped me feel refreshed but also gave me time to think about what I would like to achieve for the rest of this year – set-up my Ultranet space, create a new wiki for our ClickView Users’ group and do a total revamp of our library website to include a reading blog and wiki.    Together with this new ‘work plan’  we are also starting a ‘healthy family plan’ with healthier meals, more exercise and less time indoors as daylight savings approach next month – hope the weather works in our favour together with the planned 6am starts! 

This song sums up things nicely – Paul Weller “Brand new start” – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFP5Ru-uWdQ&feature=related

1 Comment »

1. novanews says:

Ah… I can certainly identify with the juggling of the mouse and wooden spoon at the kitchen bench! Have been guilty of a few zany things myself over the last few months!! Glad to see you back in the blogosphere though. While I’m sure your new regime will go through some twists & turns between now and the end of the year, the plans sound great. Good luck with it all!